It’s an odd looking rig but interesting?
I know that the little crew cab seems like a waste of space but I specifically wanted to retain it on the truck so that when I remove the accommodation pod I will have a secure area for cargo. I’ll be using the truck for transporting material to the island and the accommodation pod won’t always be on the tray.
I worked on the pod all day today and I’m covered in sikaflex. After I took this photo I put the windows in and the roof hatches (hence the sikaflex).
It’s really starting to take shape and if all goes to plan the exterior shell will be finished by Christmas. I’ll be working on the interior over the Christmas break together with some more restoration of the truck body. I plan to prime and epoxy all the underside of the truck cabin.
I’m starting to get excited about the truck again. It’s been 12 months since I started the project.